- Outline of Forgiveness Study
God’s Love for Us
- God loved us first.
- God loved us in spite of everything.
- God showed His love for us.
The Greatest Commandment and Our Response to it
- We love God because He first loved us.
- The second greatest commandment
- God loved us – We love God – God loves others – So do we.
God Forgave Us so We Forgive Others
- The commandments of Jesus
- Jesus teaches us to be like Him and forgive others.
- To refuse to forgive others is to reject God’s grace.
Can We Love Others and not Forgive Them?
- Putting others first.
- The role of pride and self.
- The “Golden Rule”
Common Misconceptions about Forgiveness
- I must be able to forget.
- They can’t be allowed to “get away with it!”
- The role of feelings and emotions.